lunedì 4 febbraio 2008

Ideas to share

Hello again

I have thought about what to use this “learning” blog for, as at the moment the only experience teaching the language I am doing is to primary school teachers. They could certainly be interested as students in joining some language learning activities in this space, and this is a possibility…

However, during my afternoon walk in the fields the idea has come to my mind that I could be using it as a sort of place where to "collect" the methodology areas I have been and am interested in, an open diary, a reflection and an interactive place where to put together and exchange ideas, practices and opinions.

So here I am…

During the years of teaching experience (many… more than twenty…) issues and problems (or opportunities?) that I have found particularly interesting and worked on are the following:

- Learning styles and differences in the (language) classroom
- (Language) learning strategies
- Autonomy and language learning
- The neurobiology of learning
- Whole-brain learning
- The role of affect and of a positive environment in the classroom
- Cross-curricular projects and CLIL
- Practices of inclusion in the classroom (particularly as concerning Italian as L2)

and more recently

English as an International Language (EIL) and English as a Lingua Franca (ELF): what perspectives for the language classroom in terms of:

- Possible models (only British and American English, or “Inner circle” countries?)
- Materials (particularly textbooks)
- Culture: which, whose and who for?
- Multilingualism, communication strategies and language awareness
-

I have thought I can create a post for each of these topics in the following weeks (or months…), as a space to share practices, questions, debate for all those who would like to join in

Paola

Nessun commento: